Welcome to our 5th Grade Webpage!
Here you will find:
- weekly assignments
- upcoming activities & events
- class information such as test dates, project due dates, paperwork deadlines, etc...
Please do your best to check the website weekly as I will publish updates on Friday afternoons for the upcoming week! PLEASE ALSO CHECK YOUR CHILDS AGENDA!!
Cherokee Trail Elementary
Report Cards - Wednesday, January 16
Teacher Workday - Friday, January 18
MLK Holiday - Monday, January 21
Terrific Kid Program - Wednesday, January 23
Mrs. Davis' Homeroom Class Schedule
|Time||What We're Doing?|
|7:45-8:00||Homeroom, Attendance, Morning Work
ELA Block (Davis Homeroom)
|9:30-9:55||SS Block (Davis Homeroom)|
|10:05-10:55||SS Block (Culbreth Homeroom)|
|11:00-12:00||ELA Block (Nickles Homeroom)|
|2:00 - 2:25||
ELA Block continued (Nickles Homeroom) & Chromebooks
Week of January 21-25
- Daily 3 Activities:
- Students read independently (AR books for points) - 15 minutes
- Students complete Study Island Reading on Chromebooks - 15 minutes
- Students meet with the teacher for Literature Circles (group/shared reading) for 15 minutes.
- During our Daily 3 Activity time there will be no weekly reading tests. Tests will be taken once each group is reading in the novel they are reading. AR tests are to be taken on the books they are reading for pleasure. These grades will be combined for a Reading grade each week.
Spelling Packets are due Friday of each week!! These are to be done at home to practice for Friday's test. Students can work at his/her own pace to complete these pages. Any pages not complete will be graded as a 0.
Grades will be given as follows...
4 complete pages = 100%
3 complete pages = 75%
2 complete pages = 50%
1 complete page = 25%
Spelling Tests will be given on Fridays, unless told otherwise!!
Students are expected to study the words at home during the week for practice, as well as read his/her AR book at home.
The Roaring Twenties & The Great Depression
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Week 16 Spelling Words
(Any turned in after this date will have 10 pts. deducted for being late!)
Friday, September 28
Friday, November 2
December - Novel Unit (to be announced)
Friday, January 25
Friday, February 22
Friday, March 29
Friday, April 26 - FINAL BOOK REPORT (more information to come)
A paper with dates and a rubric went home the first week of school. Please refer to this when writing or helping your child write his/her report!
Any Questions? Get in touch with Mrs. Davis!