Welcome to our 5th Grade Webpage!
Here you will find:
- weekly assignments
- upcoming activities & events
- class information such as test dates, project due dates, paperwork deadlines, etc...
Please do your best to check the website weekly as I will publish updates on Friday afternoons for the upcoming week! PLEASE ALSO CHECK YOUR CHILDS AGENDA!!
Cherokee Trail Elementary
- Make-up Picture Day - Tuesday, October 23
RED RIBBON WEEK - Oct. 22 - Oct. 26
Monday - Wear Red!
Tuesday - Wear Bright Neon Colors!
Wednesday - Wear Camo!
Thursday - Career Day! Dress as you "What you want to be when you grow up"!
Friday - No School (Teacher Conferences)
Thursday, October 25 & Friday, October 26 -
Report Card Pick-up & Parent/Teacher Conferences
Mrs. Davis' Homeroom Class Schedule
|Time||What We're Doing?|
|7:45-8:00||Homeroom, Attendance, Morning Work
ELA Block (Davis Homeroom)
|9:30-9:55||SS Block (Davis Homeroom)|
|10:05-10:55||SS Block (Culbreth Homeroom)|
|11:00-12:00||ELA Block (Nickles Homeroom)|
|2:00 - 2:25||
ELA Block continued (Nickles Homeroom) & Chromebooks
Week of 10/22-26
- We are reading Old Yeller in our Reading book, pgs. 165 - 174.
- Reading Skill: Author's Craft/Character Traits.
- We will have a test on this story on Thursday.
- Spelling Homework Packets go home Monday.
- Test on these words will be Thursday.
- Next Book Report due Friday, November 2nd.
- Please refer to the fiction/non-fiction guide on the back of the book report note that came home.
Spelling Packets are due Friday of each week!! These are to be done at home to practice for Friday's test. Students can work at his/her own pace to complete these pages. Any pages not complete will be graded as a 0.
Grades will be given as follows...
4 complete pages = 100%
3 complete pages = 75%
2 complete pages = 50%
1 complete page = 25%
Reading and Spelling Tests will be given on Fridays, unless told otherwise!!
Students are expected to study the words at home during the week for practice, as well as read the reading story at home to review!
- New Unit: Inventions/Immigration and the early 1900's
- Immigration Map will come home on Monday, students should study this nightly, there will be a quiz on the map Wednesday 10/24!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
(Any turned in after this date will have 10 pts. deducted for being late!)
Friday, September 28
Friday, November 2
December - Novel Unit (to be announced)
Friday, January 25
Friday, February 22
Friday, March 29
Friday, April 26 - FINAL BOOK REPORT (more information to come)
A paper with dates and a rubric went home the first week of school. Please refer to this when writing or helping your child write his/her report!
Any Questions? Get in touch with Mrs. Davis!